Call Now To Talk To A Lawyer

Intérprete De Español Disponible Por Cita

In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering virtual and phone consultations for all our existing and new clients. Call or Email us to schedule an appointment. Keep in mind that if you would like to have a virtual meeting you will need a computer set up with a camera and microphone or you can use a smart phone.

Grandparents’ Rights

If you are a grandparent, it is normal for you to want to spend regular time with your grandchildren and to make sure they are safe. If you are afraid that your relationship with them may be compromised because of a divorce, separation or other problems that your child is experiencing, or if you are concerned about the well-being of your grandchildren, consult an attorney about what legal rights you may have.

Since Virginia law does not put you on equal footing with the natural parents, having skilled legal representation may enable you to reach your goals.

Legal Services In Virginia For Grandparents

At the Warrenton law firm of Mark B. Williams & Associates, PLC, we represent grandparents in important family law matters, including those involving child custody and visitation. With a wealth of experience handling difficult situations involving kids and families, we can assist you with a variety of legal issues, such as:

  • Deciding how to address a problem involving addiction, mental health difficulties or incarceration of parents
  • Petitioning a court for temporary or permanent child custody when this is in a child’s best interests
  • Matters of grandparent adoption and extended family adoption

Contact Our Firm’s Fauquier County Grandparents’ Rights Attorneys

Every custody situation is different. After listening to your concerns and the situation you are dealing with, we will explain your rights and your options. At every step of the process you choose, we will help you make important choices about how to proceed.

Contact our Warrenton office by calling 540-254-0757 or by sending us an email, and schedule your consultation with an experienced family lawyer.